2 Days Tarangire National Park to Lake Manyara National Park
Day 1: Tarangire National Park
- Departure: Leave your hotel in Arusha at 6:00 am and transfer to Tarangire National Park via Arusha city. The journey covers approximately 210 km and takes around 4-5 hours to reach the park gate.
- Morning Safari: Spend 4-5 hours driving within Tarangire National Park, known for its large population of elephants and scattered baobab trees. While elephants are a highlight, keep an eye out for other wildlife such as giraffes, antelopes, lions, and cheetahs.
- Afternoon: Depart the park around 4:00 pm and head to the camp for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Lake Manyara National Park
- Morning Safari: Depart from the camp at 7:00 am for Lake Manyara National Park. This park is characterized by a massive but shallow soda lake, located at the foot of the Great Rift Valley’s western escarpment. It boasts a diverse habitat attracting a wide variety of animals, including elephants and hippos.
- Unique Sightings: Lake Manyara is famous for its unique tree-climbing lions. Large flocks of flamingos are also attracted to the lake due to the presence of algae.
- Afternoon: After a morning game drive lasting around 3 hours, you will be transferred back to Arusha or the airport.
Meals: Enjoy lunch and dinner on the first day and breakfast and lunch on the second day.
This 2-day wildlife adventure promises encounters with diverse ecosystems, iconic baobab trees, and the chance to witness the unique behavior of tree-climbing lions at Lake Manyara. Experience the beauty of Tanzania’s wildlife in these two distinct national parks.